Last week was filled with firsts for me. Here’s a list:
- First time I’ve ever given five presentations in one week.
- First time I’ve ever spoken at three events in one week.
- First time I’ve ever traveled to another city without knowing when or how I was getting home.
- First time I’ve ever skipped a flight and rented a car so I could get where I was going.
- First time I ever got to the destination in a car faster than the flight I was supposed to be on.
- First time I’ve ever paid $70 per hour for a car rental.
- First time I’ve ever eaten at restaurant where one of the menu items was bone marrow.
- First time I’ve ever used Portland’s MAX light rail system.
- First time I’ve been on a flight without assigned seating. (Southwest Air)
- First time I’ve ever had Thai food.
- First time my family has ever come to an event where I was speaking. (Even though they arrived about 10 minutes after it ended and only took part in the post-workshop networking mixer.)
- First time I’ve ever passed on a visit to an Apple Store (due to sheer exhaustion).
All in all, it was a crazy, fun and awesome week.
(photo courtesy Shutterstock)